Find in Google+ 9 Steps to LinkedIn Networking for a Job

Search This Blog

9 Steps to LinkedIn Networking for a Job

6. Click the Search button

7. If the search generated several results, you can limit the results by relationship by selecting the 1st Connections, 2nd Connections, and so on under the Relationship field.

8. Next view the profiles to locate current employees who have a common connection with you (professional association, alum, etcetera)

9. Contact these individuals to set up an informational interview. I have discovered that I generate better results by sending an email for the initial contact. The email I sent via LinkedIn listed the name of the position in the subject field and the body of my email included this:



“Hello X,



I hope all is well. I’m a current X association member and want to set up a brief chat this upcoming week to discuss your company. I can be reached at 469-892-5092.



Let me know what you think.



Thanks-Kenrick”



The individual replied the next day listing the time frame we could talk. I replied by stating:



“I prefer to have my resume/cover letter hand delivered to the hiring manager, if there is a match. Tomorrow after 1PM is good. Let me know what you think.



Thanks-Kenrick”



10. We had our 10 minute discussion, I customized my resume and cover letter, and I sent it to my new connection for delivery to the hiring manager.



Whether or not you are invited to interview for the suitable positions you’ll apply for using this process; your response rate should be higher than if you just apply blindly to a job. Hopefully you learned quite a bit reading this, good luck on your job hunt!



Previous page | 1 | 2 |







http://kenrickchatman.com/how-to-use-linkedin-to-apply-to-a-job-posting/
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...