Find in Google+ Weekly Grad Star: Mary Keller

Search This Blog

Weekly Grad Star: Mary Keller







Name: Mary Keller

School: Spring Hill College in Mobile, Ala.

Major: Integrated Communications (PR/Advertising)

Job desired: I would like to work in the field of hospitality or customer service for a hotel, resort or cruise line. I would also be open to event planning or coordinating for a company or organization. I am looking for a career that will challenge my creativity, persistence and organizational skills in a environment that also encourages employee growth within the company or organization.

Graduation date: May 2010

Contact info: marydkeller@gmail.com



Why should you be hired?

Every graduate has high hopes after graduation. After my graduation in May 2010, I moved to Orange Beach, Ala. which is famous for their tourism during the summers, however now they are more famous for oil washing up on their beaches. Within a week of graduating I had found a respectable 40 hour a week job for a small dolphin tour company doing PR and online marketing as well as assisting the owner with scheduling trips and communicating with potential clients. However, like most living near the gulf, my job came to an abrupt end and losing my job due to the oil. Since losing my job, I have filled out countless employment applications, and sent resumes out. By no means would I consider myself lazy. But to be truly honest there is a hiring freeze here because the oil has created an uncertainty for business owners. Perhaps it was not the best idea to move down here after graduation, but I have learned a lot and I have seen first hand what an oil disaster has done to this communities. I'm ready to move on and I am willing to move across the country. I have a strong work ethic and would like to work for a company that challenges my creativity, persistent, and organizational skills.



Bio

Hello, my name is Mary. During my time in college, I held an internship in the Communications Department at the Mobile Area Chamber of Commerce working on their member magazine called the "Business View". I then interned at my colleges alumni relationship office in which I helped with the upcoming Alumni Reunion titled "Homecoming on the Hill". This allowed me to hold my own event called the "Student -Alumni Networking Event" which I created, organized and promoted the event by myself. It was so successful that it will become a regular event for students and alumni during this particular weekend.



Currently, I am interning at the Gulf Shores Chamber of Commerce. They play a crucial part in dispensing information about the ongoing oil spill as well as put on a yearly "Annual National Shrimp Festival" in which I will help with. Skills that I have possessed from college are as followed Microsoft Word Office, SPSS, Raiser’s Edge and Adobe InDesign. I would like to pursue a career in hospitality for a resort. I enjoy event planning and coordinating so ultimately I would like to work for resort doing the event coordinating for large events.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...