Find in Google+ Weekly Grad Star: Julie Kramer

Search This Blog

Weekly Grad Star: Julie Kramer







Name: Julie Kramer

School: Edgewood College (Madison, WI)

Major: Business with concentrations in Marketing and Graphic Design

Job desired: Marketing coordination, social media marketing, consumer insights, marketing strategy

Graduation date: May 2009

Contact info: JAKramer@edgewood.edu

                      www.juliekramer.extendr.com



Why should you be hired?

“Dependable. Great work ethic. Professional and takes initiative!” are words my previous employers have used to describe me and are desirable traits employers seek in job candidates today (see testimonials HERE).



Although a recent graduate, I am not a typical new graduate. I interned in New York City, Australia, and Wisconsin, and have also studied advertising in China. Having these and other work experiences will help me add new perspectives and ideas to any department I am a part of.




I actually enjoy continuously learning and teaching myself new things, and thrive to live and work in different environments and put myself in new situations. Therefore I am very willing to relocate. Please let me know if I can be of help in any way!



Bio

I was determined to learn as much as I could during college- both inside AND outside of the classroom and get as much hands-on experience as possible. Beyond performing independent research on advertising in China, I have completed five internships at the following locations:



-Ruder Finn Public Relations (PR Intern)



-Lands’ End (Consumer Insights/Marketing Research Intern)



-NBC Universal Studios (Casting Intern)



-Edgewood College Admissions (Marketing & Communications Intern)



-Habitat for Humanity’s national HQ in Sydney, Australia while studying abroad (Marketing Intern)



I’ve also sought out specific experiences to develop creatively as well, working as a photographer at a local photography studio and as a freelance graphic designer, creating and publishing entire advertising campaigns for clients.



And on-campus, I held numerous leadership positions, including being the Co-President of Students in Free Enterprise (SIFE), an Executive Board member of Student Admissions Ambassadors, and a Rotaract Club member.



Since graduating, not much as changed, in that I am still constantly craving to learn more and do more. I have recently acquired additional marketing experience through multiple contract/short-term positions (including being a Marketing Project Coordinator at a digital direct marketing firm, PR Consultant at PR firm, and Project Manager at mobile media company).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...